Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Doing what I can

Well, I've been back in the US for a week and I've managed to get quite a bit accomplished. I've enrolled at the University of Phoenix, which offers an online MA in Education leading to AZ certification and am only waiting for the financial aid stuff to go through before I can actually register for my classes. It looks like I'll be starting around the 17th. I went with this program because it really is about 99% online, which won't prevent me from going back to El Salvador as soon as conditions are favorable.

I did my taxes. I'm not getting back as much as I'd hoped, but that's okay. I'm given what I need.

I've applied for a good 40 or so jobs. As I'm applying for jobs online, one never really knows if they are actually applying for a job or if they are responding to another recruiting agency. It really kind of sucks in that sense, but at least I'm putting feelers out there. Worst case scenario, I'll start substitute teaching some time in March, after I go to the meeting the sub contracting company requires me to attend.

Mi Amor went through some serious chaos over the weekend and is relocating at present. If there was any confusion as to why this return had to happen, it's gone now. The situation would have been very complicated and a bit frightening had La Hija and I been there. Suffice it to say, we will all be better off where he is now and I will be able to work, or at least start training, immediately upon our return.

I miss El Salvador and having my family together, but things are going as well as can be expected and I feel like I'm being productive during this hiccup.

I wish it were warmer though :)

2 comments:

Live Simply Love Strongly said...

Glad your time has been fruitful so far. Hope all continues well.

aighmeigh said...

Thank you! I'm hoping things will continue to smooth out around here. I'm longing for some sort of routine :)