Wednesday, May 20, 2009

One of these days...

One of these days, we'll get it right.
We'll get it together
Together
And find strength and peace
In our years
Of sacrifice
And faith.
And together we'll prove the world wrong
And laugh in the face of this seemingly insurmountable difficulty.

We will survive this
Although today it may not seem so.
Although today we cry and scream
And tear our hair out
Because of the pain
Because of the fear
Because somehow, for some reason, it is always a terrible surprise
When we take our three... four... five steps back.
A surprise that steals your breath
And leaves you asking
Why, why, why?
Why now?
Why us?
Why this?

4 comments:

Steve Cotton said...

Sometimes the frustration feels so great that we cannot imagine living through it -- let alone surviving. I can feel that pain in more ways than you can know. But I can also share the truth that we have faith that we will make it through.

Live Simply Love Strongly said...

Did you write this? What an amazing poem! I'm sure many reading it will be able to identify with those emotions from some personal experience. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I hope you are doing ok, aighmeigh.

aighmeigh said...

Steve, I share your faith in being able to make it through. I truly don't think we are ever given anything we can't handle, although sometimes it sure doesn't feel like it!

LSLS, it's the first poem I've written in a long time... I hope to do more creative writing in the future as it's a great emotional outlet for me. I'm glad you liked it--I was feeling a bit rusty ;)

Lizzy, I am ok... breathing and leaning on family and taking care of La Hija. Thank you for the email. I will reply soon :)